Friday, October 5, 2012

Just for ME!

Pinterest, unknown
Did you ever have one of those days when you wake up and say, "Is there ever gonna be a day where I just do one thing for myself"? I bet you have. So the other day was my day. I decided that since girls will be girls and sometimes we all get a little what I call "cranky pants", I would take off on a little ME time drive. You know when you just get in the car and need to drive. Well I never do this. So it was all new to me. Can you see where I am going with this? Everyone in my family seems to do things on a daily basis that they need to do, which is fine. Only I never do. Because I'm the mom. At first I felt really guilty for leaving. But I didn't even get down the street and I get a call. "Mom I can't believe you left without us." I said, "Well if you all weren't being so cranky pants today!" Click, I hear in my ear. Ok lovely! There is nothing like someone hanging up on you. So I put the radio on and try to not call back and scream about hanging up on me. When, Oh great song! It reminds me of being at my Aunt Fritzi's house down in Lavalette, NJ shore circa 1974. Great times! 


Yea, I was actually listening to a song that I want to hear. I didn't have to hear "Mom, change the channel that song is so dumb, old, crazy, or how could you listen to that? ". Hmm, who is kidding who here. Anyway, it made me in a great mood and before I knew it I was on 78 headed towards Jersey. As soon as you cross that Jersey/Pennsylvania border there is a different feeling. I can't explain it. "Yay, take me home"! 

I decided to go to Clinton. I wanted to take everyone in the first place. They were having a Fall Day Festival. It was a little cloudy but who cares. I was in Jersey. Clinton has such a great atmosphere. I'm not sure I know how to do the by myself thing though. But it was actually great. I sat on the edge of this awesome view of the waterfall and the grist mill and took some pictures. 

From my iphone Clinton, NJ
I walked around the quaint little town. Looking at all the shops and how everything was decorated for the fall. The main street was all lined up with balloons and there was music. 
I loved it!

From my iphone: How cute!
A little later on I get a call from my daughter that hung up on me. "Mom, when are you coming back and do you want to meet us at the mall?" See, it just takes a little time and the cranky pants goes away. I guess my ME time was just about over. As I am driving back to Pennsylvania this is what I see. I knew it was just for ME.
From my iphone

I can't remember the last time I did something for myself. I only know that this is the first time in a long time it was great to be ME.

We are all great mom's it is in our blood. But sometimes it's nice to have that me time and remember what it's like just to be ME!


Take some time for yourself and do it soon. You'll find it's nice to be you too!

Kim :)

No comments:

Post a Comment